I ran 20 miles this morning.
- I ate homemade veggie pizza last night and was in bed by 10:30pm.
- Up by 8. Finally left on the run by 10.
- Weather was near perfect. A little more wind and a little hotter than I would have liked, but really can't complain.
- I was still feeling good at mile 10... 11.. 12... 13... I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering when I was going to start feeling terrible (this was a 20 miler, after all), but the feeling never came. I flagged a little around mile 18, but picked it back up again in the last mile and was easily running sub 8's. I could have easily run another 6.2.
- No pain at all during or after the run (as I knock on every wooden surface around me). I was definitely tired, but no random aches or strains anywhere.
- Towards the end I started pretending there was a sports commentator narrating the final mile of my run.
- Overall, I ran 20 miles today like it ain't no thang.
This run caps off the biggest week of mileage of my life - 73 miles in one week - and my body is pain free and not overly fatigued. This run has given me great confidence that my training is going well, I'm eating the right things and listening to my body.
Boston is on the horizon.