Thursday, August 22, 2013

Phillies vs. Rockies

5.08 mile tempo run this evening.  I was attempting to do it at race pace, (at my age and gender I need to run a 3:05 or lower to BQ, which works out to a 7:03 pace).  It was a little disheartening to realize that I couldn't even keep up this pace for five miles.  I finished in 37:33, which works out to a 7:24 pace.  I know the humidity was tough, and I still have nearly three full months to prepare, but still.

I ate dinner at home and then headed to the Citizen's Bank Ballpark for Stevie's and my first baseball game together:



Ballparks these days.  They have just about anything you want.  Full restaurants, lounges, stands with craft beers, artisanal food... Me, when I go to a ballgame, all I want is a dog and a beer.  Miller Lite will do.


While Stevie indulged in this ballpark tradition, I had eaten a salad at home specifically to avoid eating something at the game.  Sitting at the game without my usual food and beverage was lousy.

Sigh... sacrifices are all part of the marathon experience.

The Phillies, by the way, came from behind in the bottom of the 9th to win the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...