Sunday, August 25, 2013

14 beach miles


This is what I look like after running 14 miles the day after a bachelor party.  After not having shaved for over a month.

My sister and her family have flown in from Minnesota, and we're all at the beach together.  While Stevie went surfing and the rest of the family played in the sand and surf, I slogged out 14 miles all over the barrier island of Ocean City, New Jersey.

It was slow, but overall not a bad run.  I love running at the beach because there is so much to distract me from the act of running.  I alternated between the boardwalk and the beach, and there were plenty of  water fountains and bathrooms, and there was very little humidity, so all in all it was a nice run.

But I'm still happy to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...