Friday, March 18, 2011

Haddonfield Adrenaline 5k

The 6th annual Haddonfield Adrenaline 5k is tomorrow.  It's hosted by the Haddonfield Running Company and tends to draw a large crowd, making it more interesting than the average neighborhood 5k.  It also offers over $1,000 in prize money, so the elites tend to come out of the woodwork for this one.  When I enter little neighborhood 5k's, I usually stand a chance at placing in my age group.  With this race, there isn't a chance in the world.  Last year the winner posted a 14:03.  The female winner was a 2008 U.S. Olympian.  See what I mean?  This race is nuts.

I ran it back in 2009 and finished in 21:26, which I wasn't too worried about because it was my first race of the season at that point, and my fastest times are usually run in May.


Tomorrow, I just hope to finish faster than 20:45 which I ran last month at the Princeton Cupid's Chase 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...