Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scenes from the Cooper River

I like running along the Cooper River for two reasons.  First, I enjoy seeing all of the other runners and walkers out for exercise on a Sunday afternoon.  It really makes me feel like a part of a community.  Second, I enjoy seeing the Philly skyline from the bridge on Cuthbert Blvd:


I have some good running memories associated with that town, most notably my first marathon in 2005, as well as my first Boston qualifier last fall.  I will never tire of running the steps of the art museum, either, whether it's a mad dash to meet a friend on time, or accompanying a Rocky-obsessed out-of-towner on his maiden climb.

And when I'm not reminiscing about running in Philly, I like to chase the geese.  They need their exercise too, you know.


Another 3x8x3 bike/run/bike combo today, followed by free Rita's water ice.  Not a bad Sunday at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...