Thursday, June 2, 2011

Philly Beer Week

I'm less than three weeks out from the marathon, and if you know me, you know that means I'm once again abstaining from alcohol.  Losing the booze.  Off the sauce.  Dodging the grog.  You get the idea.  Why?  I find it helps me stay focused, cut weight, and save money.  Last fall I didn't touch it for almost two months.  This spring I'm being a bit more sensible and keeping it to just under a month.

Not to paint myself as a drunkard, but I do enjoy the occasional tipple, if you will.  Which is why it's killing me that tomorrow marks the start of Philly Beer Week.


There are literally hundreds of events going on all over the City of Brotherly Love this week, with beer from all over the nation.  Sigh... Some people have Lent to practice self sacrifice; I have marathon season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...