Saturday, January 25, 2014

Winter running

5 miles in the snow at dusk tonight.  My longest run since the marathon in November.


We got a few more inches of snow today, so the majority of the run was in loose, unpacked snow on top of the snow we already had earlier this week.  I was sliding all over the place the whole run.

And yet I will still take a run in tonight's conditions over running in the miserable humidity from last summer.  Running every day has really forced me to acclimate to winter running in a way I was never able to in the past.  I don't allow myself to not run because it's too cold or there's too much snow.  I just have to suck it up and get out there every single day, regardless of the conditions.

Though I fear being stoned by my fellow NJ citizens for having this view, I will say that I am absolutely loving the intense winter we've been having and hope it continues for many months to come.

2 comments:

  1. It's currently 41 degrees (105 Fahrenheit) here in Melbourne, Australia. I have never run in snow so I'm not sure if it would be better or worse, but I'm definitely feeling you about hating running in hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap, I don't envy you. Good on ya mate if you're still getting out there.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...