Friday, January 31, 2014

January mileage

My first month of the year is in the books, and it isn't pretty:






















I set a goal to run 2,104 miles this year.  To do so, I will have to average 167.8 miles a month.  I only hit 65 this month.

This past week was particularly rough.  End of second marking period + midterms = lots of grading and little running.

I'm trying not to stress too much.  2,014 miles is a pretty arbitrary goal, and it's not like I get anything for it if I succeed, so I don't think I'll beat myself up over it if I don't make it.

Also, I'm planning some big races this spring, so once warmer weather returns, and training picks up again, I should be hitting 200 miles a month easily.  And in the meantime, my running streak will keep me in the habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...