Saturday, January 4, 2014

How to enjoy cold weather

Stevie and I spent last night at the Skytop Lodge, an old school resort out of Dirty Dancing in the Pocono Mountains of eastern Pennsylvania.  The night's stay had been a present from Stevie's father for her birthday yesterday.

We stayed in one of the stream-side cottages next to the main building, and at the end of the night, I came up with the brilliant idea to roll around in the snow in my boxers.  You, know, because what better way to deal with 3 degree weather, right?


Then I sprinted back to the room to get into the hot shower.

Me: This is what they do in Scandanavia!  Back and forth between the sauna and the snow!
Stevie: Yeah but we're not in Scandanavia!

What can I say, I'm a man of extremes.

This morning we woke up to a temperature of 0 degrees.



While not the coldest temperature I've ever experienced, (that would be -22 in 2004 when I was a ski instructor in Maine), it was certainly the coldest temperature I've ever experienced while running.



I did 1.5 miles and could have gone longer, but had to get back and change before the breakfast buffet was put away.  Heaven forbid.

We rounded out the day with a walk around the lake and some reading in the main lodge.


Don't tell Stevie, but I hope summer never comes.

1 comment:

  1. Stevie reads your blog sometimes. Summer can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...