Friday, January 3, 2014

Snow day!

A snow storm rolled in last night and school was called off today.  The announcement came about 9:30 last night, so it was nice going to bed knowing I had a three day weekend, even if we did just have nearly two weeks of vacation for Christmas.

Woke up this morning to a winter wonderland and ran 1.5 miles, then took a picture on the roof for good measure.

Snow day!
Most people in New Jersey will bitch to the end of days about the cold, preferring the hot days of summer and the Jersey Shore.

Me?  I live for weather like this.  I spent a winter in the Bavarian Alps.  I went to college in Maine.  I spent the winter after graduating as a ski instructor at Sugarloaf where temps regularly went below 0.  I will run all day long in weather like this.

It's also Stevie's birthday today.  We're headed to a swanky mountain resort tonight up in the Poconos in Pennsylvania.

Also, the giveaway ends today.  A grand total of two people left comments on that post, and the winner is Kim, who in 2014 wants to run a half and full with her daughter, as well as set PR's in various distances.  Kim, send an e-mail with your address to spartenheimer [at] hotmail.com, and I'll send the book out to you sometime next week.

1 comment:

  1. What?? Kim won the book?? OK< I admit it might have looked suspcious if I had won.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...