Saturday, October 12, 2013

The marathon that wasn't

Was supposed to run the Baltimore Marathon this morning.  First time earning a DNS.


The good news is that I ran for 20 minutes this morning and didn't experience any pain at all.  Perhaps I'm finally on the mend.

It would be easy to overanalyze things - how could I have trained differently to avoid injury in the first place? Could I have run the marathon today after all?  But I just want to concentrate on getting back to where I need to be for Philly.  The race is five weeks away from tomorrow.  Like I said, Boston may no longer be in the cards, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to try.

Everyone loves an underdog story, right?  Especially in Philly.

1 comment:

  1. Bummed. Didn't know you had planned on running Baltimore. Just came back from that very city, ran the half on Saturday, watched Football on Sunday.

    Love your attitude. Give your leg the rest it needs, you'll be able to run Philly!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...