Wednesday, October 30, 2013

McDonald's on the mind

My usual routine is to bring my workout clothes to school with me, then run right afterwards.  If I come home first, then I'll be tempted to lie down on the couch, check the internet, check the fridge, etc...  If I just treat the run as an extension of my workday, then I'll be much more successful.

So I run starting at the school.  My school is right next to a McDonald's, Wendy's, a liquor store, and a 24 hour diner.  So this past fall I've been hit with the aroma of fast food every time I start and finish a run.


Strangely, though, I've been really good about what I've eaten, which I usually am during marathon training. Most people say they gain weight when training for a marathon because they end up overcompensating on their food to make up for all of the calories burned.  I say that's bushleague, son.  Stop being a damn amateur and start thinking of food as fuel.  If you want to perform well on race day, you need to use the high octane stuff.

I've never had trouble losing weight during marathon training, because it forces me to really concentrate on what I'm putting in my body.  Constant exercise coupled with a healthy diet - it's a no brainer.

But as I've mentioned before, this way of living isn't sustainable.  Let's face it, I could never give up alcohol permanently, and the amount of cooking and juicing I've been doing is just goddamn exhausting.


So I'm looking forward to the week after the marathon when I can finally eat all the crap I've been denying myself lately, without gaining 20 pounds in a week, hopefully.

While running today, I started thinking about all of the things I'm going to eat in that week before hopefully finding moderation again.  Here is a brief list of what that week is going to look like.

Breakfast
  • Reese's cereal.

Lunch
  • Anything the cafeteria at my school sells.

Dinner
  • McDonald's Big Mac, fries and Coke.
  • Wednesday night buffet at the local Indian restaurant.
  • Greasy pepperoni pizza from the pizza shop on my street.
  • BEER.
  • KFC fully loaded box meal.
  • General Tso's Chicken with pork fried rice from the Chinese restaurant on my street.

God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...