Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The bet



During the summer, while in Germany with seven of my students, I made an ill-advised bet with one of the boys.  I don't know how we got on the subject or how it even turned into a bet; all I know is on November 14th we are going to see who has better abs.  November 14th is just before my marathon and towards the end of his crew season, so we should both be in peak physical condition by then.

I don't know who is going to judge the bet, or what the winner will receive, but he has not let me forget it.  He keeps a running countdown (in German) on the whiteboard near my computer.

Perhaps I was encouraged by his food choices in Germany, such as the day when we had to get breakfast at the train station in Berlin and he returned with half a dozen cream filled donuts from Dunkin' Donuts.  I'm tempted to give him donuts when I see him each morning to sabotage him.  God knows I'm going to need the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...