Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Saucony Triumph

Shin splints update: ran 1 very slow mile on Monday and Tuesday to keep up the streak.  Iced my shin both at home and at work as often as possible.  Took ibuprofen at night.

Tonight I went to my weekly run at the Haddonfield Running Company and only did 3 of the 7 miles.  My shin felt fine the whole time and I could have probably done all 7 miles, but didn't want to push my luck.  I also bought a pair of compression socks which I'm wearing right now.

Saucony was there tonight to let us try on their shoes.  I wore the Saucony Triumph, which I've worn before and absolutely love, probably because they're similar to the Nike Pegasus I usually run in.

They also had a photobooth set up in the store along with props.  I guess they were going for the whole "A mad scientist cooked up all of this insane footwear technology in a lab somewhere" theme, hence the goggles on the Saucony rep in this picture: 


I also successfully recruited two women from Who's Up? to help pace me in the final two miles of the marathon next week.  One of them told me she is going to work on a repertoire of jokes and tell me a new one every quarter mile.

And now I'm sitting in my compression socks with my legs up.  My spirits are back up after a fun night of running and hanging out with my running people.

Only a week and a half until the marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...