Sunday, November 15, 2015

One week until the 2015 Philadelphia Marathon















This taper has been a lot more relaxed than I would like, but it seems to be working, as I ran 7 miles this morning with the second half at marathon goal pace (6:50) and was completely pain free.  My shin feels back to normal.

There is naturally a lot of hand-wringing and fretting over my swift decline in training over the past two weeks, and I can only hope race day adrenaline and muscle memory will be enough to pull me through the course in under three hours.

The last week of marathon training is usually more about mental preparation than physical, so now I just have to picture myself running Philly's streets as ferociously as possible in one week's time.

One week to go.  Let's make it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...