Thursday, November 26, 2015

2 year streakiversary



In addition to today being Thanksgiving, in addition to eating so much that I felt like I ruptured internal organs, in addition to spending quality time with my extended family out in West Chester, PA, today I hit yet another milestone in my life of running.

Today I went for a one mile run, thereby completing two years of running every single day.  I started this streak after the marathon two years ago when I decided I wanted a new type of running challenge, so I started the Runner's World Holiday Run Streak and just never stopped.

To be honest I rarely even think about the streak anymore.  It's such an ingrained part of my life, so much a daily habit on par with brushing my teeth or going to work in the morning that it doesn't require much thought.  At most a mile will take me 10 or 11 minutes.  I can easily find 11 minutes in a day to get a mile done.  The rest of the time I'm training for one race or another, and the streak just takes care of itself.

Compared to setting new PR's in various distances, the streak is a pretty low-key goal, one that doesn't require a lot of effort in upkeep.  For now, I plan to keep the streak going as long as I'm physically able.

So who wants to go streaking with me?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...