Thursday, November 19, 2015

Carbo loading with pasta and lentils

When I have a marathon on Sunday I start carbo loading on Thursday.  Here's what I'm carbo loading with over the next two nights:

Pasta and lentils with Italian sausage and spinach.

I found this recipe online years ago and have been making it every time I feel like an easy dish that I can shovel down quickly.  The original recipe doesn't call for Italian sausage but if you want to take it to the next level, have at it.







Ingredients:
  • 1 can tomatoes
  • red pepper
  • garlic
  • Italian sausage
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 onion
  • frozen chapped spinach
  • 3/4 package ditalini pasta
  • coriander
  • 1 can lentil soup

Start with the onion and garlic.  Then add the tomatoes and lentils.  Then the spinach.  In separate containers, cook both the pasta and the sausage.  Add them at the end.  Finish off with spices.  Plate and top with parmesan cheese.

Tends to dry out easily, but add some chicken broth when reheating leftovers.  Works like a charm.

I had this for dinner tonight and will eat leftovers for tomorrow, stuffing my veins with carbohydrates for optimal performance on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...