Monday, March 30, 2015

Three weeks

We're getting closer and closer to the Boston Marathon...

I have officially requested two personal days for the day of the marathon and the day after.


My Boston Marathon runner's passport and other items have arrived in the mail.


And I just hit 700 miles for the year:


We're officially three weeks out, and with yesterday's long run, I am officially in the taper period of training.  Normally I prefer a two week taper, but because I am leaving for Germany on Thursday and will be there for ten days with my students, I just won't be able to run as much as I want.  It will be a bit of a forced taper.

I still have a lot to do between now and Marathon Monday, but one by one things are falling into place.  The important part is I survived the hardest part of training.  Now I just have to keep focused for a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...