Sunday, March 1, 2015

20 miler #2

I ran my first 20 miler of this marathon cycle a few weeks ago.  I then dropped back to 16, then back up to 18, and today I completed my second 20 miler.

I managed to get out the door by 9am, which means I finished before noon.  This is probably my single greatest achievement of the winter so far.

Post 20 miler.


February is in the rearview, but its weather lives on.  A light snow fell during the last five miles.

This was probably my first long run of the entire training cycle in which I didn't think "oh God, when will I be finished?"  When I did finish, I thought about how easily I could have kept going.

It was a nice confidence booster.

March is going to be a long month, but it will all be worth it on April 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...