Sunday, November 3, 2013

The taper begins...

Another 20 miler today.

It's gotten to the point where 20 miles doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.  I think this is how drug addicts feel.

So I've decided I'm going to run my first ultra in 2014.  There's one right in Philadelphia called the "Dirty German Endurance Fest."  It doesn't get better than German-themed racing.

Here's a picture from a portion of today's run:


I love running in the woods, and sadly this picture doesn't quite do it justice.  It was like running in a tunnel of fall.

At any rate, I decided I couldn't do a three week taper and instead will do a two week one.  I'm going to be one of those idiot runners who has trouble trusting the taper instead of embracing the chance to finally relax.

Two weeks until race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...