Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Started the holiday streak this morning with a brisk 3 mile run around town.  I'm going to try to keep the mileage low over the next few weeks to force myself to rest.  As much as I want to keep knocking out marathons now that I've built up my fitness, I don't want to risk burning myself out.  I have a pretty intense set of running goals for 2014, so taking a bit of an off season while still maintaining a base is going to be important.

After running, I baked a loaf of pumpkin bread, then loaded up a small cooler full of Magic Hat beers, then headed out to my step sister's place in West Chester, PA.

Food, family, football, beer... what more could I want or need from life?

While Stevie played Life with Zack and Allison, I noticed the gamemakers had updated the boardgame so that you can now win a marathon and collect $10,000.


On this day of thanks, I'll include a brief list of all the things I'm thankful for:
  • Good health.
  • A job that is challenging and rewarding in which I get to share one of my main interests in life with students.
  • A hobby that I am passionate about.
  • My family, especially my wife Stevie who has to put up with more than the rest.
  • The few people that take the time to read my blog.  Thanks, guys.

From my family to yours, happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...