Thursday, September 1, 2011

Night running

I live about 3.5 miles away from the theater, so I sometimes run there.  It's not often that I use running as a mode of transportation, so it's a nice change of pace to change the purpose of a run, even if it means I have to spend a few hours in sweaty running clothes before heading home.

I ran to the theater for rehearsal tonight, and at the end of the night I got to talking to Pat, a long time friend whom I've worked with on countless shows over the years:

It's Pat!

Me: (saying goodbye to everyone) Ok, guys, I have to run... literally.
Pat: I just saw some story in the paper about a guy who ran a marathon every day for a year.
Me: Yeah, there are plenty of people like that.  Marathons are addictive and runners are a bit eccentric to begin with.
Pat: Do people like that make you feel the way you make me feel?

The run home, incidentally, was nice.  The streets and sidewalks were empty, the stars were out, and the temperature was cool.  Runners always talk about going for a run at the end of the day to think and unwind, which aren't exactly my top two reasons for running, but I must say that last night I could see what they're all talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...