Friday, September 9, 2011

Time keeps on tickin'


Article today in the Boston Globe, leading up to the first day of registration for the Boston Marathon this Monday.

The article discusses the ripples sent through the running community with the BAA's change in registration rules for the 2012 Boston Marathon.  Many runners must now search out different marathons in order to qualify before this Monday, rather than rely on traditional fall marathons. The author, for instance, joined many others in choosing Grandma's Marathon last June, the same one I ran in 3:24:15.  She qualified with more than twenty minutes to spare and will be at the computer ready to register this Monday.  As mentioned in a previous entry, I just barely qualified last fall, so if the race doesn't sell out, I'll be at my own computer the following Monday.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...