Friday, September 16, 2011

Early bird



I've never been the type of runner to get up at 4:30am for track workouts or 12 mile tempo runs or whatever.  I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've gotten up before 8am to run, not including races.

I get the point of it, of course.  There's no better feeling than getting the daily workout out of the way first thing in the morning.  And, in turn, no worse feeling than coming to the end of a lousy day at work and thinking about an 8 miler you still have to do.  Like many people, I just can't force myself out of bed.  Hold a gun to a puppy's head and tell me I can either save the puppy or have five more minutes in bed, and the poor thing would never stand a chance.

But today the stars aligned and I managed 5 miles starting at six o'clock in the damn morning. Before a full day at work.  This is huge.  And maybe it was the humidity and temperature that finally broke, but I swear that I had distinctly more energy all day today.

Next week I'll prove it wasn't just a fluke.  Definitely.

Maybe.

lol Ryan Reynolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...