Friday, September 30, 2011

Top 10... brought to you by the B.A.A.

Between this blog and the post I put on a Runner's World forum, I've gotten a lot of nice comments about Boston, most from complete strangers.  I appreciate every one of them.  I also put a link to my BQ video on the Runner's World Forum and got this nice comment: "Great video... actually watched it for the first time 4 or 5 months back and it served as much needed inspiration and motivation in my marathon training.  Many of us are learning from you... so, keep your head up and keep on running!"  It means the world to me that I might have inspired someone else.

Anyway, now that I'm not running the Boston Marathon, I have an extra $150 on my hands.  So I present to you, dear reader, the following top 10 list:

Top 10 ways to spend the $150 I saved by not getting into Boston

10. Get the money in singles and roll around in it on my bed, a lá "Indecent Proposal."

9. Store the money in a banana stand for a rainy day.  As the saying goes:


8.  Go to the movies on a Saturday night.

7.  Buy a pair of Brooks Trance 10's, just to see what it's like to run in such absurdly expensive shoes.


6. Use it to light a cigar, just to say I did.

5. Use the money to construct an imitation palm frond to fan the inner flames and qualify all over again.

4. Put a down payment on a new Garmin Forerunner 610.


3. Buy $150 worth of dollar store Christmas presents.



2.  Buy $150 of GU.  Wrestle in it.

1. Donate the money to Students Run Philly Style, an organization that provides marathon training to young people in order to help them succeed in life.  $150 will provide one pair of running sneakers and entrance into the Philly Marathon for one student.


I'm leaning towards #1.

1 comment:

  1. While #1 certainly appears to be a worthy option, I have to say #3 is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...