Saturday, March 17, 2012

2012 Haddonfield Adrenaline 5k

7:30am on a Saturday morning.

Stevie: How are you awake this early?
Me: It's race day!  I've got adrenaline pumping through me!

The race in question was the aptly named Haddonfield Adrenaline 5k.  My third or fourth time doing it.  Click here for last year's race report.  As I noted last year, this is not your average neighborhood 5k.  The race is capped at 1,000 people, and there are decent cash prizes to take home, which bring local amateur elites out of the woodwork.

It was a beautiful day for a run today.  Not a cloud in the sky and temps around 50.  Starting at the high school, we ran down Kings Highway (main street with all the shops and restaurants), through the neighborhoods, back onto Kings Highway and finished back at the high school.  This is typically the first race of the year for me.  I ran it in 19:43 last year, and this year I came in at 19:14, 133rd place out of 922 finishers.


My dad, my stepmom Debbie and Stevie all came out to watch me race.


And new this year: all finishers got a medal, which doubles as a bottle opener.


Well done, Haddonfield Running Co, and happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.

Post race lunch and beers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...