...you watch the episode of How I Met Your Mother when Marshall trains for the marathon and then Barney runs in his place, and you can't help but think of all of the inaccuracies involved.
- It's hard to just decide to run the New York City Marathon. A lottery with thousands upon thousands of entrants ensures that only a fraction who want to run it will actually be able to do so.
- Since when are liquid breakfasts considered "runner style?"
- It's the day before the marathon. Why is he running long enough to chafe his nipples? Why isn't he tapering?!
- Who applies vaseline after running to relieve chaffing? It's supposed to go on beforehand to prevent it.
- And for that matter, who uses Vaseline anymore? It's all about the Bodyglide...
- Barney walks perfectly fine directly after the marathon, only to have his legs 100% shut down a few hours later while riding the subway. Not likely.
And then you start to think, "Damn, I wish I could have been an extra in that episode."