Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh, Canada

Some people go to Florida or Mexico for spring break.  Having gone to college in Maine and with no friends south of the Mason-Dixon Line, I continually find myself taking trips north.  And so I find myself in Canada at the moment.

My friend Yashy lives in an apartment building in downtown Toronto with access to a small gym.  I ran five miles this morning on the treadmill, then met up with Liz for a four mile (sorry... 6 kilometer) run with the Running Room crew at 6:45.  It was very cold and it rained the whole time. City running, with its constant stop-and-go pace can be frustrating, but soon enough it was over and time to take pictures.

Me: We just ran in the rain - we have to look hardcore.
Liz: I want a picture of me beating a Boston Qualifier!
Guy taking the picture: I don't know how to properly frame a shot!

Apparently this is my interpretation of "hardcore"

The crew then adjourned to a local sports bar to watch the Vancouver Canucks lose to the Chicago Blackhawks on a tv the size of a movie screen.


I drank Canadian beer and ate the Canadian burger, eh.  No seriously, that's what the menu called it.

Canada rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...