Sunday, April 10, 2011

15 miles and a birthday

Long run Sunday.  Ran 15 miles in just over 2 hours today, my longest run since last December.  It felt great to know that my fitness level is climbing ever higher again.

I'm not dead yet!

I felt great when I finished, and it was nice to lie on the grass for a minute and know my long run was over.

Then I realized I'd better stop taking pictures of myself on my dad's front lawn and get back to my apartment, as I had to be back by 3pm for a Skype conference call with my friend Alan.  He and his wife Elizabeth now live in England while he does smart guy stuff (getting his Ph.D.), and she e-mailed several of his friends and family and arranged the whole thing as a surprise.

This time a year ago, Alan, Elizabeth and I celebrated his birthday by rerouting a stream as a preventative measure against erosion on his grandmother's farm.

Alan and his wife (then fiance) Elizabeth.  NJ, April 2010

Last fall I was the best man at his wedding.

Alan, me, my dad.  RI, September 2010

So happy birthday Alan, and welcome to your thirties.  I'll meet you there in a few months.

1 comment:

  1. I look awfully dirty there. I do miss "field work." So far that ditch is still draining well - I saw it in February.

    Glad you could make the Birthday call yesterday after your run! Glad to know I helped with the deadline.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...