Thursday, April 14, 2011

Medal wall

I earned a fair share of soccer and baseball trophies as a kid, and for years I had them displayed on a small bookcase in my bedroom.  Some of those trophies survived childhood and currently reside in cardboard boxes in my dad's basement - for what, exactly, I'm not sure.  It's not like I have grand plans to create a trophy room when I finally have a bigger place so I can show off the time I won some random tournament when I was 12 years old.

In the meantime, my adult equivalent of that trophy bookcase is this:


The ones on the bottom are from the half marathons (I've done more, but lost a few of the medals over the years).  The ones on the top are from the full marathons.  The picture in the middle is my first marathon in 2005.

I don't want to be one of those guys who covers every inch of a room with running memorabilia (or do I?), so I'm not sure what I'll do in the future as I complete more races, but for now they're nice to see when I walk into my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...