Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thug life

Recently my girlfriend, Kathleen, has decided to take up running, and I couldn't be more proud. She aims to complete her first 5k on February 12th, and her first half marathon in November.

Unfortunately, recurring hip problems have left members of her family skeptical, and they tend to discourage her efforts, if only because they're afraid she'll get hurt.  I have told her that she knows her body better than anyone else, and as long as she listens to it and uses common sense when running and addressing injuries, she should be fine.  And shoot, I might be biased, but I think any injuries will long be eclipsed by the overall benefits of running.

In the meantime, at least her older brother seems to be coming around, even if he's going all thug on me.


1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you couldn't be more proud the your "girlfriend" does what you want her to do...I have never met a more arogant self absorbed person than you! And...for no reason! You really are nothing and having a blog like this prooves that you need to celebrate you because no one else will. Very sad! At least I tell my sister what to look out for before starting a workout...you need some help. I wish I had gone all "thug" on you. Did you look at the advice? Nope! You know it all don't you? I wish she hadn't wasted her time. Anyone deserves better than you...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...