Saturday, February 26, 2011

Run angry

For many, running is about control.  Because let's face it, there is little I can control in my life.  I can't control gas prices, I can't control whether or not people like me, I can't control the traffic jams I get stuck in, and I certainly can't control Governor Christie and his anti-teacher shenanigans up in Trenton.

But I can control running.  I can control where I run, when I run, how long I run, how hard I run, and with whom I run.

So what to do when the world presses in and the conditions of my life make me so angry I want to lock myself in my room and punch holes in the wall?  Lace up the sneakers and start exerting control in the best way possible: by pounding out a few sweaty miles.

ANGRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...