Friday, February 4, 2011

Resume

I finally updated my resume to reflect my recent spate of fall marathons, in addition to my upgrade to Boston Qualifier.


An ex-girlfriend of mine would have preferred the phrase "completed seven marathons" as opposed to "seven-time marathon finisher," but I think the point gets across either way.  Marathoners are goal-oriented, extremely dedicated, and demonstrate perseverance and long term planning abilities. Marathoners are models of physical fitness and strength of character.  I believe these are all characteristics that would impress a would-be employer, hence the mention on my resume.

If anything, as my dad points out, if the interviewer is a runner or knows someone who is, it's a good icebreaker.

1 comment:

  1. Scott - cool blog. Probably the 2nd best blog written by a male on the Web.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...