Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Adidas running ads

I believe it was in the late 90's when Adidas unleashed this ad campaign, which apparently was super successful and won all kinds of industry awards.  There were a slew of pictures that spoke to the running experience, pictures that were unlikely to recruit new runners, but caused those of us with experience to nod our heads and chuckle vigorously.

These are the best kinds of ads, because even if I never buy a pair of Adidas running shoes (haven't yet), I still associate these pictures with good memories, and Adidas slips right into the subconscious with those memories.  If I don't buy the shoes, at least I have positive associations with the brand.

Below are my three favorite pics from the bunch.




I love her expression: wtf?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...