Friday, February 13, 2015

Welcome to America


Meet Matteo and Kiera, my new niece and nephew.

As my sister put it, the U.S. just welcomed its two newest citizens yesterday.  When my sister and her husband touched down on American soil, the two children they adopted from China automatically became American citizens.

It's been an exhausting few years as my sister jumped through hoop after bureaucratic hoop, followed by an equally exhausting three week trip to China.  My sister already has two biological children, and today they officially started their life as a family of six.

Here is a video that a friend of my sister's filmed of their homecoming:


A Peek at Pictures - Welcome Home Mateo & Kiera from Tracie Bea Photographie on Vimeo.


My sister has documented the process of adoption, and her three-week trip, over on her blog: Talkinboutthenextgeneration.blogspot.com.http://talkinboutthenextgeneration.blogspot.com

Congratulations, Chris and Kirsten, and welcome to America, Matteo and Kiera.  Aunt Stevie and I can't wait to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...