Monday, January 19, 2015

The first 100

Yesterday was the nastiest day of winter yet, with temps in the low thirties, black ice everywhere, and freezing rain all day.  I had 14 miles on the agenda, and normally I would have tried to suck it up and go running anyway.  Because I had the day off from school today, though, I decided to reschedule. Stevie and her friend watched bad movies all day, and I baked a loaf of banana bread.  Like you do.

Today was slightly warmer and a lot drier, so considerably more enjoyable.  I ran in just shorts and a long sleeved shirt, and stopped at the Haddonfield Running Company to drink some water and eat the gel I'd brought with me.

The 14 miles today put me at 112 miles for the year, which means I got to claim my 100 mile bib from the Run the Edge 2,015 in 2015 Challenge:

























2015 is off to a great start.  The weather is cooperating for the most part, my body is holding up, I'm getting in the miles, and focusing on nutrition more.

How is your 2015 going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...