Here are my goals for 2015:
2. Run the Boston Marathon. This is more like a life goal than a 2015 goal, and it shouldn't be too difficult as I'm already signed up for it this year and will run it come hell or high water.
3. Run a 50 miler. The time committment scares me more than the actual hard work involved. I already take enough time away from my family with all the marathoning. But I'm really itching for running 50 miles through rugged terrain and the feeling of accomplishment at the end.
4. Run across the state of NJ. I've been wanting to do this for years. Start at the Delaware River and run to the Atlantic Ocean. It's only about 60 miles, so it seems doable.
5. PR my beer mile time. My first beer mile was slower than molasses in winter, so this shouldn't be too difficult. Need to practice chugging beer.
6. PR my half marathon time. This will take some serious dedication over the summer, but I think it is doable.
7. Run a sub 3:00 marathon. Probably the toughest goal on this list. It will take every ounce of effort I have to make this goal.
8. Continue to make running friends, both in my immediate community as well as online. I hope to spread the reach of this blog, connect with people/companies on Twitter, and see what opportunities open up.
9. Continue the run streak throughout 2015. I've been at it for over a year now. This one is ingrained in me by now.
10. Run more trail races. I love trail running but don't do enough of it. It's pretty hard to find decent trails in New Jersey, so I'll have to go out of state to find some good races.
11. Run a Spartan Race. I was given free entry to a Spartan Race last year but never got to use it. Dan the PR man was kind enough to allow me to defer to 2015. I'll be writing more about the Spartan Race soon.
1. Publish a piece of writing. Anything. Whether it's in the Top Dog Runner's World, or some publication no one has ever heard of. Whether it has something to do with running or not.
2. Travel to a country and/or U.S. state I have never been before. I have seven states to go in my quest to visit all 50. I've never been to Africa. The possibilities are endless. Better start saving now.
3. Continue to spend time with Neale and Stevie. Spend quality time with the people I love to build the foundation for a strong and loving family.