Here's a look at what October 2015 is/has been like:
- SGO (student growth objective) pre-assessments are due. This is an assessment I create and deliver to two of my six classes, grade, create a spreadsheet of the results, then upload the assessment, rubric and spreadsheet for each class to an online portfolio.
- A professional development plan needs to be written, signed by an administrator, and uploaded to the same online portfolio.
- Two separate nights of parent-teacher conferences with two hour delays the following day that disrupt the schedule.
- Other random events that disrupt the schedule, such as PSAT testing and school assemblies.
- Oktoberfest put on by the neighboring high school's German program that I take my students to.
- College letters of recommendation. Every year I get more requests. This year I'm up to 7.
- No days off the whole month.
- New this year: Stevie directed one show and is acting in another. She has spent the better part of this month in rehearsal.
- Also new this year: I'm mentoring a student teacher from a local college. She observes me a few times a week and has to complete 2 lessons which I have to give feedback on, then write up a lengthy evaluation of her for her professor.
- On top of all of this, October is my highest month of mileage when I'm training for the Philadelphia Marathon in November.
We're coming to the end of the month, and I can see the taper from here, but there are still some hard training days left to go.