Wednesday, October 21, 2015

10 miles before work

I don't think I blog enough about the specific details of day-to-day training, so for you and for future-me, here's a post about this morning's run.

This is what I look like at 6 in the morning in the backyard after just having run 10 miles in the dark, with the last few miles at ludicrous speed:



I woke up at 4am and read for a bit on the couch to wake up before heading out around 5.  My goal was to run each mile progressively faster until the last stretch when I would finish at 100% effort or as close to it as my quad would allow.  I did reasonably well with this goal.

Overall time: 1:14:20

Mile 1: 8:41
Mile 2: 8:16
Mile 3: 7:56
Mile 4: 7:27
Mile 5: 7:40
Mile 6: 7:01
Mile 7: 7:24
Mile 8: 6:57
Mile 9: 6:34
Mile 10: 6:13

It's the longest and most intense run I've ever done before a full day of work, and I'm just as proud of getting it done at such an early hour as I am of the effort involved.

But I still keep wondering to myself: is it enough?  Is this the year I go sub 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...