Wednesday, July 1, 2015

South Jersey beer night

Whenever it's my turn to be up for our Wednesday night beer/run club, I like to bring beer according to a theme.  My first time up I brought all German beers because I'm a German teacher.  Another time, in December, I brought all Christmas beers.  And tonight I decided to go local and highlight as many South Jersey beers as I could.  Then I printed up a menu to accompany the cooler.


The official selection included Flying Fish, Spellbound, Pinelands Brewing Company, Village Idiot Brewing Company, and Forgotten Boardwalk Brewing Company.  I love Cape May Brewing Company and wanted to include it, but had a devil of a time securing any of their beer and wasn't able to make the 90 minute drive down there just to pick some up.















The beer from Pinelands Brewing proved to be the most popular.  Their operation is a glorified storage shed just minutes from the Jersey Shore, and while there last week Stevie and I picked up a growler of their blueberry ale.  Perfect for summer.  Forgotten Boardwalk's Funnel Cake Ale was also a popular choice.

At the end of the day, it's safe to say that one of the greatest pleasures in my life is running hard, followed by drinking great local beer with great local people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...