Thursday, June 25, 2015

Stroller running

I love the Haddonfield Running Company for many reasons, one of which is that they offer group stroller runs on Thursday mornings for stay-at-home moms and dads.  Now that I'm off for the summer, I had the chance to join them this morning.


It was me and several moms and their toddlers (and one dad) this morning.  We met outside the store and ran 3 miles, roughly the same 3 miles that starts the usual Wednesday night run that I do.  Afterwards we hung out in the store before it opened so the parents could drink water and chat while the kids ran around.  I let Neale crawl around for a bit and just hoped the older kids wouldn't trample him before scooping him up for the group shot.

I often wonder what goes through Neale's little baby brain when we run (or any time he sticks something in his mouth, for that matter).  He seems to enjoy it, I guess, at least the wind and the ever-changing scenery.  I've only actually run with him a handful of times, and I don't know if I should feel guilty about that.  I like getting him into the outdoors and modeling a running lifestyle, even if he won't remember any of this, but I also like going out on my own and negotiating curbs and trails without the heavy bulk of a stroller in front of me.

Neale still naps frequently, and trying to match up his nap schedule with the weather and my eating schedule is like trying to get the planets to align correctly.

At any rate, I can't wait for the day when he first joins me for a run without the stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...