Sunday, April 26, 2015

Find your Boston


When I returned to school last Wednesday, I showed each of my classes a few pictures from the race along with my medal, and told them a little about how it went.  I finished by explaining that I didn't expect all of them to want to run the Boston Marathon someday, or any marathon for that matter.  But I did encourage all of them to find their own version of Boston.

I am not a natural born distance runner.  Making it to the Boston Marathon was not a given for me, and I often doubted if I ever would.  But I set the goal and I did everything within my power to achieve it, and I finally did.  The sense of accomplishment, I need not tell you again (but ok, once more), has been profound.

I encouraged my students, and I encourage you, dear reader, to find your own Boston.  Find something that might take years to accomplish.  Something you're not even sure if you're capable of.  Something you're passionate about.  Something that inspires you to be a better person (if somewhat obsessive).  Something that will create amazing memories.

Then do it.

And don't forget to tell me about it.  I love being inspired by others' journeys.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey. I found this blog after I saw your youtube video. You have inspired me many times, and I am sure have inspired MANY others. Congrats on your victory, well earned! Joe from Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joe, can't thank you enough for following the journey and leaving comments along the way. It really does help keep me going to know that people out there are reading. I'm glad to know I inspired you and hope to continue to do so!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! Your journey to Boston is motivating! I noticed that you BQed in Philly. That's a race on my bucket list and I will definitely check out your recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meghan, highly recommend Philly as a place to BQ. It's relatively flat and it's in November so the weather is usually always perfect. Thanks for reading and good luck!

      Delete
  3. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...