Monday, April 27, 2015

2 year anniversary

April 27, 2013


T
The things I love most in this world, in no particular order:
  1. Beer.
  2. The outdoors.
  3. Traveling.
  4. German.
  5. Movies.
  6. Neale.
  7. Stevie.
  8. Family.
  9. Running.
  10. The feeling I used to get in the 90's when I bought a CD and discovered a secret song at the end. It was always after I'd had the disc for a bit and found my favorite songs to put on repeat, but occasionally I let it play all the way through.  Invariably, my attention would wane until the disc ended and I didn't even notice the silence, only to be jarred a minute or so later by more music.  The secret song was always short in length, but quirky, experimental, and done for the love of music and the fans, like a present from the band for our love and devotion.  I always loved the secret song because it was usually something I had to discover on my own, like I was the only person to have ever discovered it, and understood it in a way no one else could.

Two years ago I brought together many of the things on this list by marrying Stevie in an outdoor ceremony at Camp Ockanickon.  It remains, in a lifetime of questionable decisions, one of the best I've ever made.

Happy anniversary, Stevie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...