Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Streakiversary

It was a cold and miserable day today.  Rain, sleet and snow pelted South Jersey all day, but I still hauled myself outside for a run, just like I've done every day since November 26, 2013. Yes, today marks the one year anniversary of my run streak.

I was just coming off an amazing race this time last year when I thought I needed a new challenge.  Enter Runner's World's holiday run streak.  Run at least a mile every day between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.  I started two days before Thanksgiving and never stopped, and don't plan to anytime soon.

I don't know the exact number of miles, but I estimate it to be around 1,500.  Every single one of those miles was outside.  I ran in temperatures as low as 0 degrees.  I ran in a foot of snow. I ran every day leading up to my first ultra.  I ran the day my son was born after getting only a half hour of sleep the night before.  I ran barefoot on the beach.  I ran in the woods.  I ran mostly on streets and sidewalks.

And here I am completing a year of running, with many more to come:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...