Friday, September 19, 2014

Talk like a pirate day

Apparently today is National Talk Like a Pirate Day, for all you pirate fans out there.


For those in the know, Krispy Kreme spent all day rewarding people for walking into their stores by giving them free donuts if they talked like a pirate.  If you dressed like one, you could have taken home an entire box for free.

I live a half mile from the nearest Krispy Kreme, so I planned to finish my five mile run tonight there and then walk home.  I walked into the store a sweaty mess and said, "Arrrr, I hear I be gettin' a free donut if I talk like this."

The guy who gave me my free donut, bless him, looked amused rather than wanting to hang himself from listening to bad pirate talk all day.

A match made in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...