Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rainy run


5 miles in the rain today.  I don't mind running in the rain when it's warm out as it's a nice change of pace from running in the blazing heat.  And anything beats the treadmill.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to most, but running with a newborn at home is hard.  I expected this, but nothing could have adequately prepared me for the exhaustion I feel.  I haven't felt like myself for weeks now, and consequently I fight for every mile I run these days.

Also, I finally took a chainsaw to my face shaved off the summer beard.  When I found a family of birds living in it, I knew it was time.

Hope everyone's fall is off to a good start.

1 comment:

  1. As hard as it is to believe, this is the easiest time to train when they are babies. It gets much harder to find time to train when child gets a little older. Mine is two. I have to run at 530-630 am, work all day, then play with Toddler from the moment i get home until she goes to bed at 8pm. Get your marathon fix in now, because you may not have another chance to train optimally until child is in 1st or 2nd grade :) Good luck sir

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...