Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday coffee date

I really like New Jersey

























Let's catch up, shall we?

  • It's Sunday morning and I already have a case of the Sunday teacher blues.  I have a lot of school stuff to take care of today/this week.
  • The sweats I'm wearing in the picture?  I pretty much live in them all winter.
  • I'm still streaking.  Not sure what day it is today.  Normally I keep in the 1-2 mile range.  Today I hit 3.5.  I'm gearing up for a big 2014, so it's nice to be taking it easy for now (inasmuch as running every single day can be considered taking it easy).
  • There was another holiday party last night, this one for a Shakespeare company I used to work with years ago.  I've consumed ridiculous amounts of food this weekend.
  • Speaking of Shakespeare, I haven't acted in a show in over two years now.  A theater where I have a lot of experience is holding auditions tonight for "As You Like It," but I decided to skip it because, like I said, 2014 is going to be a big running year and I'm not quite ready to sacrifice running for the theater just yet.
  • In January I'm going to a conference in New York for German teachers all across the country.  It's going to focus on using technology to incorporate authentic resources in the classroom.  It's all expenses paid and Stevie is going to come with me.  I have to create and submit a powerpoint by December 29th, which is no fun.
  • I just bought a copy of Why We Run by Bernd Heinrich, which I'm enjoying so far.
  • I'm sitting on the couch, our Christmas tree is up, and our electric fireplace is on.  It's very cozy in here.
  • I don't watch a lot of tv but I am very excited for season 3 of "Sherlock."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...