1. Run 2,014 miles. Seems like a good number for 2014.
2. Make more running friends. This will probably mean joining the South Jersey Athletic Club and going to more of their events.
3. Run a Tough Mudder with friends. Not having friends that are into running means doing a lot of races alone. I did a Tough Mudder last year alone, which wasn't terrible, but I think it could be fun working through it as a team with friends.
4. Run a spring marathon. As yet undecided, but probably somewhere on the east coast in March or April.
5. Run my first ultra. Specifically, the Dirty German Endurance Fest on May 18th. I am a German teacher so this makes perfect sense. I plan on doing the 50 miler that day. Go big or go home, yes?
6. Run across the state of NJ. I mentioned this last year, but I want to make it happen this year. I plan to start at the Delaware River and finish at the Atlantic Ocean. It is roughly 50 - 60 miles, so this seems doable. I plan to buy a Camelback and throw my iPhone and a credit card in it and just go.
7. Run a sub 3:00 marathon. This will probably be my toughest goal of the year and I'm not thoroughly convinced it will happen. Of course, I said that about the BQ, didn't I?
8. Run a beer mile. 4 laps around a track. 4 beers. I can't wait for this one.
9. Complete my first triathlon. I've been saying this one for years. It's been an official entry on my bucket list since I wrote it in 2007. It's time to finally make it happen.
10. PR my half marathon time. I will probably target the Rock n' Roll Half in September for this one, and will run a lot more halfs throughout the year in preparation.
11. Streak 2014. Nudity optional.
2014 is going to be one hell of a year, in ways you or I can't even imagine yet.
And don't forget, if you're interested in a free running book, click here and leave a comment.