Friday, December 6, 2013

Breakfast sandwich of champions

I had intended to post much more about the food I eat during training this past fall, but it just never happened.  I've mentioned plenty of times how training and eating must go hand in hand, so I find it very interesting to see what other runners are eating.  As mentioned, I cook and juice a lot, and here is one of the staples of my training this past fall.

Introducing the greatest breakfast sandwich known to man:


  • Two slices rye toast.
  • Two slices tomato.
  • Half an avocado, spread onto toast like butter.
  • Two slices pepperjack cheese.
  • Two pieces turkey bacon.
  • Two fried eggs.
  • Salt and pepper.
  • Cut diagonally.  Always.

I'd say I ate this sandwich at least every other day during training.  Together with a banana and fresh juice, it held off hunger until after my afternoon run.  

I still haven't grown tired of it yet and just made one this morning.  This sandwich is delicious in a way that I can't do justice with words.  You'll have to make it and try it yourself.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...