Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wedding Day Dash 5k

Some guys do a golf game on the morning of their wedding.  I organized and ran a 5k.

The group of runners and walkers gathered beforehand


Fran and Amy demonstrating proper running form

Well, calling it a 5k implies that it was a race, which I had originally intended, but in the end I ran out of time to properly mark the course through the woods.  Though it would have been great to run a race in which I'm the only one who knows the course, we changed it to a group run.

Which way does the course go?



We ran all over camp on a chilly, sunny morning.  It was great to show everyone around the camp where I've spent so much of my time over the years.  When we got back to the dining hall, we all broke into a sprint.  My sister says the other guys let me win.

Then they threw me in the lake for good measure.























With friends like these, eh...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...